[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Hunt of November 4/5, 2002!

Hi Mark,

> Thus, that was why I was hesitant of listing such data
> directly.  But, if you think the information is within
> safe margins of acceptance, then I will start listing
> angular velocities directly in the future.

The angular velocity is actually a value that comes along
with the path plotted into a map. These two together provide
a more accurate shower association after the observation.
Plotting meteors is recommended for non-major-shower
periods, like just now. The maps needed are in gnomonic
projection. The original cardboard maps can be ordered
from the IMO, but for first tests I can send an image
file ( to your personal address) which you can print.

Of course, feel free to decide whether plotting meteors
or ''counting'' (associating under the sky) is suitable
for you now. I am glad to include either reports in the
global meteor database.

Thanks for the update on the obscured field!

Best wishes,
Rainer

--
Rainer Arlt  --  Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam -- www.aipdot de