[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Electrophonic Sounds - Review of witness reports

Dr. Vincovik, I can relate in third person a small report from the 2001
Leonids that might have some utility. I did not hear the sound, as I was
distracted, but several people did. It was generated by a very bright
fireball travelling low along the northern horizon. They described it with
the usual sizzling sounds. What is significant about the observation is that
it took place in a particularly clean environment: the Arizona desert, at
least 20 miles from the nearest body of water (the Colorado River). There
were no trees and no plant life (there were a few Joshua trees, about ten
feet high). There were no power lines. There were some cars and a small
house nearby, but there was no electrical power in the house. In other
words, this was a really bare environment, with little on the ground for
electrical fields to interact with.

I hope this observation has some tiny utility.

Chris Crawford