[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RFC starryskies.com Leonid site. Clouds, Leonids and some more about them...Paulo Heleno

----- Original Message -----
From: Paulo Heleno <astroescuta@mail.pt>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) RFC starryskies.com Leonid site.

> Hi :)
>
> The site its very good,providing simple and easy to understand
information.We
> are begining a portuguese mailing list,a bit similar to meteorobs,called
> "lusometeoros"...and we are going to link to your site.
>
> As far as Portugal is concerned,although there are some observation
sessions
> prepared,the weather its not giving a hand to us...we have frequent cloudy
> skies and some rain.Direct effect of a stream of clouds,way up through the
> atlantic...lets wait for the friday and saturday forecasts.
>
> Clear Skies
>
> Paulo
> --
> Crie o seu email gratuito no mail.pt
> http://www.mail.pt
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

___________________________

Hi Paulo,

That's great to hear from you! First of all, we're having a wonderful
weather for these last past days. But, just in the beginning of this week -
10/11-Nov -, we got kind of rains and cloudy skies. The sky turned into
cloudy, heavy clouds (cirrus/cumulus) although the days, on the most, are
clear and sunny. The temperature is fine, otherwise.

Well, I'm not really into scientific standard centers to get up-dated
information concerning to understand the sky and its changings, due to my
time. I'm quite overwhelmed most of my time, and doing the things through
Meteorbs is my must and my obligatory source. Well, right here, in Recife,
there are some official centers that study the weather. I do not visit them,
because they're working direct with local airport and things like that. So,
the books become a great source. Besides, since I live in the litoral, the
"Alísios Winds" are frequent, happening nothing unusual.The tide is been
high frequently on the month of August, for example.

During the winter season, we got rainy months. Hence, there are nice
conjuctions of heating and cloudy sky, plenty of rains on the most. It
takes, three or four months long. My state average temperature is about 28º
C. Tropical! As you know. So, all written herein are related to my
town/state (Recife/PE). I have made pioneer studies concerning to the global
heating, pole ozone hole, and acid rainforests as well. In doing so, I've
attached some of my own techno wordings to specify some of the phenomena
I've been studying and into. The results of these clouds, winds, heating
papers are well-known. So, whatever you go you will find some related papers
mentioning datae about these studies. Although, feel free to ask me any
question related to these events. Now let me go to the other question you
mention along your email.

Well, Leonids...The great century meteor starting shower around here, I mean
down to Equador Line won't be a "great gig in the sky", as it seems to be in
above latitudes. Meanwhile, I expect to visit a nearby second grade student
space center. The Board is arranging some of fest to observe "Saturn,
Jupiter and Mars" phenomena, which, they promised, "will bring graceful
expectations for the public". Through phone calls with them, "I was invited
to be present. So, I won't miss that. Also the local Pernambuco Astronomy
Club will join. Together, sounds to be a very nice discussion! This,
otherwise, will happen on November 17th. As you know, the Leonids Shower
will take its peak just during the days of November 18th and in the dawn
(morning) of 19th. So, even planning to join this nice group for the
phenomena mentioned above, I won't reschedule my agenda for Leonids.
According to my plans I will observe the Leonids alone. I expect that
herewith the Planets fest Space Center, the Board can go on untill the next
days for more observation. Okay, these lines I'm writing to you before
getting in touch with them. Probably, something may vary in their schedules,
and if so, I will try to be in.

So, dear Paulo, if NOT for the clouds (coming from The South South Pole and
Argentina), if NOT for the the event by itself, that are expected to happen
in its niciest glamour above the Equador Line, etc, etc and etc...I will be
awaiting for the meteors and grazers as always: with great hope, and a bit
of luck. I always had chances to observe them. No matter if on Meteorobs
list or not. It is mandatory to inform to you that I am a new member. I
think, since June, or something. In my country, I believe, there just two
members. Both living in São Paulo. You can meet them through the majordomo
or through me. But later.The main factor here is not overload the list with
subjects out of the topic.

Well, well, well...clouds, clouds, clouds, and cloudy, cloudy skies,
suddenly! If not for this, but for that, the Leonids will give me a great
show at 4UT (Jennikens'). Ah! There's the Moon, which will take part of the
show too. Nothing else, but these, are the topics that I will face during
these two days to come. Bye. I'm going to the beach 145 Km away to the South
for the weekend. Any question, any news, please, forward. The last, but not
the least: excuse me dear Meteorobs enthusiasts if it took too much time of
yours/ours most expected event/fest.

Clear, very cloudless skies and long trains,

Marco Valois - devallois@hotlink.com.br