[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A really weird thing is happening to my radio listening!

Hi All:

 Well, I listen to meteors with an Icom R10 radio with a dipole antenna
and a cavity filter to eliminate any unwanted noise.

 Now, I monitor on CW mode but was getting a hard tone, by accident I found
the problem, it was my 900 MHz telephone!! when I unpluged the adapter the
tone went and I heard meteors on CW ok.

 NOW HERE's the interesting part. When I plug the adaptor in the tone
comes back BUT I can detect meteors on the AM mode! If I disconnect
the adaptor I loose them onthe AM mode!

 The theory is that for some reason when I plug the 900 MHz phone in
I'm making the AM mode a bit more "sensitive" and can detect the meteors.

 How do I know they are meteors on AM? They make either long duration sound
for a second or so like someone hitting a tuning fork.

 Have I stumbled on something?

--
Clear skies