[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Bug in 'metcnt' Palm Meteor Counting software

>Just a quick note, Hartwig: there appears to be
>a bug in the 'metcnt' Palm Basic program, where
>when the user hits 'Quit' to exit an observation
>session, the software fails to write out the most
>recent meteor entered. Users, simply keep this in
>mind when using Hartwig's software for the LEOs.

DON'T use this quit button at all - Best: Hide it
behind a cardboard mask in order to prevent hitting
it accidentally. It is a feature of Hot Paw Basic
and cannot be avoided. Hitting it will cause an
abnormal termination of the program.

Instead, to terminate an observation,
follow the instructions of the manual:

Hit Key E twice (audible signal)
Hit key D (2 beeps and a short one)
Hit key D again (3 beeps and a short one)

then the message "Hit any key to continue observing"
will appear (this is for making a break). If you like
to finish observing, simply click the "home" symbol
on the Palm display.

All meteors will be found in the file, and the file
will be correctly terminated by

hhmmss,lm,end,end

Cheers
Hartwig