[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids to be discussed on NPRs Science Friday

I think the show went well, good job Mr Rao!  I wished it could have been
longer, perhaps 2 or 3 hours...

I tried to call in and ask some follow up questions about the orbit
perturbation and the astronomers you mentioned.  When you started
mentioning names I thought I would hear Donald Yeomans name, but perhaps I
was just being biased since my father worked with him years ago at JPL.
You mentioned three names and said they had done significant work on the
plotting and computer modeling of the various dust clouds.  What are the
names of the astronomers again?

Are their any visual representations of the orbit perturbation showing the
how and why we won't see another Leonid storm until 2099?

Do you have some suggested links to find out more about this orbit change?

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Peters, Systems Administrator, Network Engineer and Linux Tech.
StarrySkies Network, http://StarrySkies.com, publishing science articles
since 1995. http://StarrySkiesdot net, an online science community.
http://StarryMessengerdot net, the weekly newsletter of StarrySkies.