[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) leonids in 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: R Gregio <gregio@dglnet.com.br>
To: lista meteorobs list <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 1:39 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) leonids in 2002

> Star Greetings in Meteors!
>
> Unhappily, the sky of my area walks loaded of clouds and it rains once in
> while. Thus, unless there is improvement of the atmospheric conditions,
> these Leonids - same that there would be the possibility of few meteors
they
> be observed - I cannot observe, in fact this has been a constant in all
the
> showers of meteors of that year - I think that walk in bad luck
tide:(snifs
> snifsss
> I wait that the better conditions until the day of maximum :o
> Celestial hugs and happy observations for all you dispersed for the
> terrestrial globe!!!
>
> R.Gregio
> Mococa / SP - Brasil - Lat.21.27.54S Long.47.00.21W
> gregio@dglnet.com.br
> http://intermega.com.br/astromanual/
> http://www.constelacoes.hpg.com.br
> http://membro.intermega.com.br/rgregio/
> http://www.geocities.com/alnitack_br/
> http://membro.intermega.com.br/fenomenos/
>

> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

______________________

Dear Gregio and all!

Around here Brazil (Northeast), the weather is fine. The temperature average
is varying between 29/30º C! Yesterday, Nov 16th, I could observe the
planets conjuntion comfortably. It was about 9:30 hrs (Brasilia time). Well,
I could observe, Saturn and some brilliants lites around it, rings! (L/S).
Concerning to Jupiter (L), it was splendid! Well, about Mars, at least from
my obsevation site, it was indistingable. Although, from Via Lactea, I also
could observe 'Cruzeiro do Sul' (L), on the horizon line. There were also
some brilliant stars Magnititude varying between -2 -1!!! Observation time,
no more than 15m. All datae were got through unnaiked eyes.

Well, the Moon was bright. It caused kind of some difficult to get more
details on the planets conjuntion. Finally, I'd lide to report that, at
least, for me, the scientific forescasts promise is going to confirm all
expectations. So, I guess, that the Leonids won't be seen here from my
observation site Northeast (Recife - PE), 8º Lat S. 38º Long S, as the
experts have been detailing!!!???? South America, Su-Sahara etc, etc, etc.
Anyway, I will be confident that I won't miss anything, once it happens :o)

Finally, the observation information, even off topics, were also seen by my
wife and son. I apologize for taking much of your time, but hoping that all
is important once nothing is meaningless (-:

Please, any correction will be welcomed.

Clear Skies,

Marco Valois