[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Metoer shower a bust, but we did get a Slashdot Story

We are in Chester Springs PA, about 40 miles west of Philadelphia.  Drove
about 10 minutes south east because satelite images showed clouds rolling
in.  We didn't see one meteor during the peak of 10:38-11:04 PM EST.
Kathy saw two at 11:20 when we headed back in.  I think we are going to
drive to the southern point of New Jersey or Delaware, will check the
latest weather...  Any weathermen out there with suggestions about what
might be best?

We have been trying hard to promote this exceptional meteor storm event,
and we are getting Slashdotted now!  For those that don't know,
slashdotted means getting a story posted on slashdot, posted at 5:16 PM.

Today's traffic on http://starryskies.com
page views      visitors                hits            transfer    time
18,941                                                              7:05
24,091            9,112                  183,354         1.48 gig    8:05
28,699           10,777                  219,208         1.76 gig    9:05
33,383           12,364                  255,023         2.04 gig   10:05
38,124           13,957                  290,737         2.32 gig   11:05

not bad for a 100Mhz machine with 64 Megs of RAM.

Chuck Peters, Systems Administrator, Network Engineer and Linux Tech.
StarrySkies Network, http://StarrySkies.com, publishing science articles
since 1995. http://StarrySkiesdot net, an online science community.
http://StarryMessengerdot net, the weekly newsletter of StarrySkies.