[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) leonid 2002 data from india, bombay

Name : Ankur Puranik

Location : India, Bombay   18.58deg N ; 72.49 E

Observation time : 04:00AM - 06:00 AM .

No of meteors seen :  13 total   11 leonids + 2 sporadic.  ( pretty bad rate)

Comments : The overall exp.was bad . First of all the moon was shining bright in the westside. So there were no chances of seeing the faint meteors. Of the ones that i saw were of magnitude = -2 ( max). Moon light was a major problem...locating the constellation leo was also difficult, but planet jupiter made it a bit easy for me to locate leo. A beginner would surely face lot of trouble finding the constellation of leo. Also not all stars of leo were visible which made it more difficult.

Secondly the atmosphere was turbulant , also with some clouds...which made the observation all the more difficult.

Leonids have been somewhat disappointing for india all the time...

regards,

Ankur Puranik (B.E. Electronics & Telecom)

India, Bombay

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform: http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html