[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Breathtaking Leonids from N. Florida

HOLY MOLY!  Mere words can't really describe the spectacle I just witnessed!
The peak was absolutley astonishing from St. Augustine around 1035 - 1045
UT. So many Leonids hitting all over the sky it was difficult to keep up
with them.  Bursts of 5 to 8 PER SECOND in spots!!  An easy 30 plus PER
MINUTE in bursts.  This year seemed more intense for a shorter period of
time then even last year's did. Most were faint, near the visibility limit,
but lots of gorgeous glowing trains too.  My mind is still boggled.  Far
exceeded what I was expecting, just not may fireballs.  More later when I
come back to Earth!!  Hope all were able to get as good a look as I did.

A stunned Paul in N. Fla!