[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) weather site for finding clear areas

Hi all from mid-coast Maine,

Went out 10:45 p.m.and stayed for a very cold 45 minutes.  Saw 5 meteors,
one a very intense orange/ yellow fireball, all coming from Leo.  The sky
was perfectly clear.

Went out again at 4:45 a.m. and stayed for an hour until dawn chased away
the stars.  The moon had set by 5:30.  Again, the sky was perfectly clear.
Saw meteors and stargrazers, about 2 per minute on average, magnitude 4 or
less. Like upsidedown smiles in the sky, they streaked directly over me.  I
was laying  in my lounge chair in the snow and didn't even have to turn my
head.  There were only 2 meteors that were very bright, both blue-white,
leaving wide trails like jets do on a windy day. All in all, a wonderful
time with satisfying views.

Zoe