[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Good Leonids Showing in San Jose, CA

All,

This is my first addition to the list, and I'm doing so simply to make my
observed data available to the list:

Location: ~10 miles east of San Jose, California. Elevation ~2000-2500 feet.
Start: 		02:20 PST
End: 		03:45 PST
Conditions:	Perfectly clear, 45-50 degrees F.

02:20-02:30 	21 meteors, 80% fainter than Jupiter's magnitude (FTJM).
02:30-02:47	67 meteors, 80% FTJM, 2 bright blue fireballs that persisted
~15 degrees, possibly -3 or -4 magnitude.
02:47-03:15	42 meteors, 90% FTJM.
03:15-03:45	33 meteors, 90% FTJM.

During the entire duration, I also saw three other meteors that were
vectoring towards the Leo radiant and were not included in the numbers above.

In all, I was not disappointed, this was a very good show for the Leonids.

Chris