[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Report from a mom

I am a very amateur observer on Long Island. I sat/reclined in the park
across the street from my house last night and enjoyed the few I saw (before
the dawn and the high cloud cover cut me off at about 6am).

The best part of the experience was the report I received from my daughter
at school in NC (she was clouded in last year) in the form of an AOL Instant
Message:

 (5:13:19 AM): it's scary outside
 (5:14:23 AM): but i'll risk it
 (5:47:30 AM): i saw a bunch!
 (5:47:44 AM): A BUNCH!
 (5:47:47 AM): some big ones!
 (5:48:00 AM): at one time there were like 5 right in a row, bam
  bam bam bam bam
 (5:48:08 AM): so i stayed out until i was cold, and came in
 (5:48:28 AM): i saw at least 20 in prob. about as much time
 (5:48:40 AM): and i found leo;-)

away message:  (6:05:56 AM): LEONIDS ARE COOL!!:-D

This message was definitely the BEST part of my viewing experience - helping
a new person enjoy the wonder of it all!

Susan Maxwell on Long Island, NY