[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from NE Oklahoma

Excellent (though cold) conditions from just south of Chelsea, Oklahoma, about 30 miles NE of Tulsa.

We had a wide-open FOV and I would estimate 4.5 mag skies.

My observing buddy, Mr. Gary White, logged 360 meteors from 09:00
UT to 11:00 UT.  I myself counted 260 Leonids from 10:20 UT to 11:00
UT.  I still have to sort out magnitude distribution, but overall,
they seemed more faint than last year.  Only 3 had persistent trains.

Peak appeared to be about 10:45 UT.

I also saw my first "point meteor" (I think that is the terminology).

Proper submission format to follow.

It was a great evening!  Bring on the Geminids!

Bill Godley
Coweta, OK

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.