[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FLASH by Worldwide Radio Observing Project

Hello all,

 THE INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FOR RADIO METOR OBSERVATION
             ---FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT---
                2002.11.20 07:00UT

I have updated the first result observed by The International
Project for Radio Meteor Observation. You can see the results
on the following page.

   http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo02.htm

As a result, the high activity in the European (7-rev.) peak
began before five or six hours. This is also caught by visual
observation. And the peak time is 4h UT as you know. From
Europe Live site data, I think the first peak(7-rev.) occured
around 04:00 - 04:10 UT 19th. This is estimated by using counted
data every 10minutes and calculating the total reflection time of
meteor echoes per 10minutes. I will update detail results after
days. The ascending branch of the time at half maximum was longer
than decending branch. Since this is first results, however, there
is not enought observed results now. Therefore, I am collecting
data from participants and calculating them now.

On the other hand, American peak(4rev.) was very sharp increase.
Then the high activity was very short time and decrease slowly.
So the ascending branch is much shorter than decending branch.
The peak occured around 10:40-10:50UT 18th. This is estimated
by the same method as Europe peak's calculation.

In this year, some Japanese radio observers started new radio
observation with using 28MHz. This is managed by Mr. Takashi USUI.
This result is also very interesting.

I will update second and final results after days.

Finally, this project succeded to catch two main peaks and
monitor Leonid activity at all times. Especially, LIVE Radio
Observation could provide useful information. I am helped by
many radio observers and everyone. Thank you very much !

  Project page : http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo02p.htm

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/