[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid 10 UT peak was alive and well!!

Hi Mike in Hawaii and all,
    I can personally assure that the storm predictions for the "10 UT peak"
were NOT inaccurate!!!  Don't know why you didn't see many grazers at that
point from where you were, but believe me, from where I was with the radiant
near the zenith as it was in N. Florida, the sky was raining Leonids for a
few brief, precious moments in time.  I did notice they were mostly very
faint, very short and close to the radiant.  None would have been good
candidates for Earth grazers from a quarter of a world away in my mind.  It
seems that the "4 UT" peak had a similar lack of Earth grazers as seen from
the eastern U. S.  Interesting stuff to be sure.  Best regards, Paul in FLA