[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: (LINMI) Leonids from Hawaii - So Disgusting

>>But it soon became clear, as the radiant rose higher, that the 10UT "peak"
>>just wasn't anywhere near what was predicted.

Mike,

I'm sorry that you didnt see any sig activity from your great locale..  Are
you saying the TIME prediction was way off or the RATE predciction were off?
  or both?  Seeing 50 between 1015-1030UT under full moon was very exciting
indeed, tho the average magnitude (which I haven't calc'd yet, was around 3.
  When I typed in my counts in the Leonid Quick Report.. when done, it
calc'd MY ZHR at a ~700-800.
That is certainly sig different that the ZHRs of 1000s that I saw predicted.

How much does the near Full Moon play? and what would have been, say, my
ZHR, had it ben a moonless night? Do the models, Fischer, Jenniskens, etc
take into account moonlight?  anyone?

Just some questions I'm thinking about reading your posts ;-)

Cheers,

Joseph
San Diego, CA