[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fabulous earthgrazer seen outside Dallas

Peter,
    I saw one of these amazing "skipping Leonids" too (mine was an Earth
grazer), for the 1974 Leonid shower.  It was my first real meteor shower and
I have never seen another one like it either from the Leonids or any other
shower since, even throughout the present "storm cycle"!  Mine was at least
-6, maybe -8 and skipped through 120 degrees of sky just as you described.
I am reducing my data from the storm night and will share with the list
soon.  I am considering asking for a modest lifetime extension so I will not
miss the next (scheduled) L storm in 2099! Best regards, Paul in FLA