[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) double meteor trails

Hi Nick and Martin,

I saw two cases of two meteors/trails extremely close together moving in the
same direction. (I called them 'parallel' in a previous mail). I can't
unfortunately recall whether the second one was only a trail. In one case
one was a little behind and very close 'under' the other meteor moving in
exactly the same direction. Finally, here's my stupid question of the day to
you Nick. Since you were observing from Fife and I from Dundee, could we
have seen the same double trails? I saw the one I just described in a
northeasterly direction, somewhere between Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, about
the only gap I had in the clouds. Weatherwise we've been quite lucky in
Scotland during the Leonid peak though. The way it looks now, I'm thinking
of building an Ark.
Cheers,
Marcel

-----------------------------