[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Joe Rao's summation of the 2002 Leonids

If anything, I am most disgusted by this "false advertising" for our astronomical events. The crap we have to take from commercials and spammers, who promise "free vacation for 2 in Bahamas" but the fine print says you have to pick up your own airfare, etc, etc.

If its not realistic for the vast majority to see "6000/hr", then dont say you can see 6000/hr and disclaim it. The right way is just not to hype it up at all.

Please, lets keep this commercial advertising BS out of astronomy!

Mike Linnolt