[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Chances of another Meteor Storm?

Wow Bob, Your Adventures on board the LEONID MAC Mission sounded like an
absolute blast!  Looking forward to your more detailed report in the near
future!!

As I recall, there was some discussion about the Perseids in 2004
possibly producing rates of several hundred/hour, for many hours.  Also,
in the same discussion, the Draconids of 2005 were mentioned.  Now You
mention these others, and it is obvious for anyone paying attention that
the possibility of some truly fine Meteor Showers is likely in our future
over the next several years.  The true Meteor Aficionado will greatly
appreciate those nears possibilities that are just "around the corner."

Just a few weeks to the Gemini, which may likely outdo the impressive
Lends we just saw, in just the Fireball Arena?  It is definitely worth a
looks, especially during the few dark hours that We can all get after the
Moon sets on the nights of 12/13 & 13/14 December.  Add to this the fact
that these mornings for the Gemini fall on a Friday and Saturday.   This
may allow for more observations by those who continue to find creative
ways to keep warm during those cold December nights!  Enough said for
now!!

                            In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez