[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Plotting maps

I'd really like to get started with plotting, and my first problem is to get
the right sky maps.
I heard of the Brno maps being the IMO standart and finally found a source
(http://www.uaidot it/sez_met/mappe.htm) to download them. What I have now, are
.gif files of all (?) 12 maps.
If I just print them, they won't be in the "real" format. Is this a problem
for those who insert the data into the computer? Would it be better to get
the real maps from somewhere (and what paper format are they in), and where
could I get them from (sending some money to IMO across the atlantic ocean to
get 12 maps back across the atlantic ocean (I live in Germany) doesn't seem
to clever for me)?

At least I've got time to practise after the Quadrantids have finished the
(meteor-)active part of the year.

Daniel Gruen