[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting maps

Daniel,

> If I just print them, they won't be in the "real" format. Is this a problem
> for those who insert the data into the computer? Would it be better to get

Yes, the Atlas Brno has 12 maps, 3 being for the southern hemisphere
exclusively. The original maps can be order from the IMO for I think
$3 or 3 EUR. Since the maps are delivered by the author, Vladimir
Znojil from the Czech Republic, it may take a month or so to get the
maps to you. For now you can try to work with prints of the JPG
files you mentioned. The original maps are in A3 format for better
plotting accuracy (16.5" x 11.7" for the non-Europeans).

> the real maps from somewhere (and what paper format are they in), and where
> could I get them from (sending some money to IMO across the atlantic ocean to
> get 12 maps back across the atlantic ocean (I live in Germany) doesn't seem
> to clever for me)?

The treasurer of the IMO is actually located in Germany. You can
send the money by a simple "Ueberweisung" to Ina Rendtel, postal giro
account 547234-107, Postbank Berlin, bank code 100 100 10.

For other interested readers: You can now send payments to the IMO
by the internet. The website is

   http://www.paypal.com/

The payment is done by credit card to an e-mail address. The e-mail address
of the treasurer of the IMO is

   IRendtel@t-onlinedot de

Although this looks somehow vague, it's interesting to recall that
the e-mail address of people is the most unique identification of
persons in the world. There are essentially no duplicates! Of course,
Ina Rendtel is registered with PayPal.

Best wishes,
Rainer

--