From: Andrei Ol'khovatov [mailto:olkhov@mail.ru]
Sent: 23. november 2002 15:36
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Cc: imo-news@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IMO-News] Re: Fireball Spotted Over Norway?

Dear All,

Alan Pickup and Harro Zimmer don't find "appropriate" re-entry. Alan Pickup
is sure that it was an aircraft contrail.  I think that it is the most
plausible explanation, as it also
explains absence of other reports of such rather "spectacular object".  Also
there was some upsurge/peak in cloudiness in the evening, which hints on
rather high moisture at the altitude.
I think that unless some "opposing" info appears, the explanation is the
most likely one.

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov
Russia, Moscow