[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Global IMO Leonid processing

Dear meteor observers,

The Leonid observations of 130 observers have entered
the Visual Meteor Database of the IMO by now. These are
the FINAL REPORTS, and still a lot more have to be
processed. The work is currently done by Andreas Buchmann,
Jan Verbert, Javor Kac, Pavol Habuda, and myself.

There are still about 100 reports in my mailbox, at which
I have not even had a chance to look yet! I'll get back to
every observer in the next days.

Those of you who have just sent the Online Express Form
(or those who haven't reported anything) might consider
to SEND IN THEIR FULL LOG with magnitude distributions
if available. If you are unsure how to prepare a report
like www.imodot net/leo02/leo99form.html, send simply
your observing records, and we'll see what can be done.

A big THANK YOU to all the ethusiastic observers! And
a big Thanks also to Vladimir Krumov who has spent 24
hours a day to calculate express data of 86 people! The
profile at www.imodot net is thus not far from final, I sup-
pose.

Best wishes,
Rainer