[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) My Leonid 2002 magnitudes...

Hi all,

Here's a shortened report for my 2002 Leonids magnitudes.  For a
total of 657 Leonids recorded on the morning of November 19, my
average brightness turned out to be +2.61.  Out of the whole night,
12 of the Leonids were bright enough to be classified as fireballs...

TOTALS LEONIDS (LEO)

____________-6__-5__-4__-3__-2__-1__+0__+1__+2__+3__+4__+5____#LEO___AVE

_____________1___1___2___8__11__22__34__45_125_158_213__36____657__+2.61

Note: Magnitude scale is to determine the brightness of sky objects.
Magnitude -8 is comparable to a quarter moon, magnitude -4 with the
planet Venus, magnitude -1 with the brightest star Sirius, magnitude
+2 to +3 with most average naked eye stars and magnitude +6 to +7 are
the faintest stars the naked eye can see under typical dark
conditions. A meteor of at least magnitude -3 is considered a
fireball.  The above table contains the magnitudes from all observed
meteors, and the average (last column) for showers.

Clear skies, and glowing fireball trains!

- Pierre