[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: celestial coordinates for the anthelion radiant

Paulo and All,

On December 14 the center of the diffuse antihelion radiant will be
located at 97 (06:28) +23. This position is not in Cancer but in western
Gemini, 2 degrees northeast of the 3rd magnitude star Mu Geminorum. This
is approximately 15 degrees southwest of the Geminid radiant. Since both
radiants produce meteors of similar characteristics it will be difficult
to distinguish between the two sources unless both radiants are included
in your field of view.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford