[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids and Clouds in S. Carolina

My Geminid watch was wiped out for the most part by clouds. From 2:07 to
4:11 EST (707-911 UT) there was complete cloud cover. Beginning at 4:11 (911
UT), the quick moving clouds began to break up some, giving me some openings
to observe from. Up till the arrival of dawn, the best I got was 60 percent
cloud cover. With the poor conditions, I just poured myself a cup of coffee
and sat back to enjoy whatever Geminids I could catch. In the end, my count
was at 24 GEMs.....disappointing, but fun to watch as many were very bright.

And of course, by the time I drove back home and unpacked the truck, the
skies were cloudless!

Mark Davis, South Carolina, USA
meteors@comcastdot net
namn@atmob.org