[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids from Hamburg

After northern  Germany was fogged out for the Geminid maximum we got
some short episode of
clear skies the following night. Rates were clearly on the decline,
and additionally
moonlight was hampering, reducing the Lm to 5.1. I saw a total of
13 Geminids and 6 sporadics in just above 1h Teff (14.12.2002,
22:13-23h17 UT). Details
have been already sent to the IMO.

My Mintron MTV-12V1-EX video camera, equipped with a 16mm f/1.6 lens,
captured 11 Geminids and 3 sporadics within 54 minutes.

I was quite surprised how efficiently this non-intensified
surveillance
camera performed compared to the visual observation under these less
than
perfect sky conditions.

A composite of 50 minutes video can be seen on:

http://home.tiscalidot de/astrohardy/gva/gem02alle.jpg

Hartwig Luethen
Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik
Ohnhorststr. 18