[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:(meteorobs) (Leonid) Questions :>

Hi Jure and all,

I promised to give some trail data from earlier Leonid-storms or outbursts.  Sorry for the delay.

Here are those that appear in my spreadsheet modell and that have been used as data poins (except that of 1801) in the modell development. I considered these to be distinct enough from other (known) trails to give usefull data. Some others have known encounters, but there are more than one trail encounter at roughly the same time. I recall, (but did not check now more on this) that the years 1899 and 1932  were of this kind.
In the next, there are some years that were not in Jure's original enquiry, and some of those that he asked are misssing. Here is the data, with the year of outburt and number of revolutions of the trail.
(
I didn't seek the sources, by whom these were originally found. I think that I found some of these originally (most probably the older trails, ie. otburtsts in 1868 and 1903), and many more independently, but most of these were earlier found by others, Kondrat'eva et al, or David and Rob (recall 1801, 1869, ..).
)

1833	1
1866	4
1867	1
1868	8
1869	3
1903	11
(1801	2	no known observations exists)
1966	2
1969	1

I hope that I didn't make any typos, please tell, if you find any.

Esko

From Jure in Dec 12:

Maksuton sähköposti aina käytössä http://luukku.com
Kuukausimaksuton MTV3 Internet-liittymä www.mtv3.fi/liittyma