[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursids from Sweden

  Hi everyone,
Here is a short report from 58N 15.5E.
I was late out due to an early Christmas, but at 1940UT I started to
count. Please forgive me for not observing magnitudes, only numbers.
I had a bright moon 120 deg to the right and diffuse thin high clouds on
and off. LM ~4.
1940-2010   8 weak Ursids  (most of them darker then +2 mag)
2010-2040   3 Ursids  (brighter then mag +2)
2050-2120   4 Ursids  (brighter than normal, one mag -6)
2130-2200   3 Ursids   (more normal brightness (mag 1-4 ?))
As I rushed out to the site I had not eaten enough so now I was cold
(-14 ºC out) and decided to stop.
Due to passing cars teff is ~25 minutes in each count. What they think
of me I don't know!

 From now on my astronomy bag will include liquid water and biscuits!
--
Clear Skies