[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2002 Ursids from Maryland

Hi Everyone,
Clouds prevented a decent look during a moonless stretch after sunset.  I
did look through a 80-90 degree hole in clouds from 2325-2342 UT and saw no
URS under a 4.5 magnitude limiting magnitude sky.
When I returned to my site at McKendree Maryland to observe from 206-306 UT
on 23 December, I had no reason to expect to see any meteors from the Ursid
radiant.  It was too bright, lm=4.0,due to the moon; and the radiant was the
lowest it could be all night.  So, I was pleasantly surprised to see a +1
URS at 909 UT slowly moving toward the north horizon!  That was the only
meteor I saw during my hour watch.  No field obstructions interfered during
the session.
Best wishes,
Rich