[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible Ursid Mini-Outburst

   Due to the possibility that I may have seen an unpredicted Ursid
mini-outburst on the night of Dec. 21/22, 2002, I am listing my hour
of observation, with 5 min. bins.

                      Ursid Meteor Shower - Dec. 21/22, 2002
                 Screech Owl Hill Observatory, Mountain Meadows
                        West Virginia 385710N 0785544W

   Time (UT)   LM   Ursids      Comments
  23:00-23:05  6.2     1
  23:05-23:10  6.2     0
  23:10-23:15  6.4     1
  23:15-23:20  6.5     4     all seen @23:20
  23:20-23:25  6.5     1
  23:25-23:30  6.5     0
  23:30-23:35  6.5     0
  23:35-23:40  6.4     0
  23:40-23:45  6.3     1       moon rising
  23:45-23:50  6.2     0
  23:50-23:55  6.2     0
  23:55-24:00  6.2     1
  23:00-24:00  6.3     9

Note: Seven of the Nine Ursids seen were seen in the twenty minute
      period from 23:04 to 23:24 UT. As mentioned before, four Ursids
      were seen at 23:20 UT.
GWG