[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) An error in the 2003 RASC Observer's Handbook?

    I believe that I may have found an error in the latest edition of the
2003 RASC Observer's Handbook.  In the Table of Meteor Showers, 2003 (on page
223), the maximum for the Geminid Meteor Shower is listed as "Dec. 14  4h
UT."  This figure is based on a given solar longitude value (in the same
table) of 262.1-degrees.

    However, my figures indicate that in 2003, 262.1-degrees is closer to 13h
UT on Dec. 14, or nine hours LATER than the published value given in the
Handbook.  Can anybody verify this?

-- joe rao