[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Reports & Meteor #2 + Future Observations

December 31, 2002

Greetings Robert and fellow Meteor Enthusiasts!

I read your e-mail yesterday, but was cut short.
Thank you for your kind words!  A lot of work does go
into the reports--- probably too much.  This last one
took a span of roughly two days, although the actual
writing time took only a few hours, (it is not easy to
make time.)  I think I am getting faster at doing them
though, and am becoming more accustomed to recording
meteor magnitudes.  I also think I am getting that
"feel" for the LM, thanks to NAMN's star areas that I
have been using since the fall of 2001.

I agree with you about meteor #2.  Its duration was
probably closer to one sec., making it 10 deg./sec.
There is so much I am just beginning to learn,
including mastering angular velocities.

I hope to tackle the upcoming Quadrantids, although I
have the feeling it will be another cloudy wipe out.
The weather has been terrible here meteor wise and ice
fishing wise.

I also hope to hunt down the delta Cancrids, like you
encouraged in a past post to the list.  This year
(2002), I did do a Jan. 7/8, observation, but I never
compiled it into a report.  It still is on a tape
somewhere just begging to have something done with it.

I would like to thank you for all of the time you put
into your meteor forecasts!  I use them all the time.
Lastly, I hope everyone has some great meteor
observations in store for next year!

Bright, frosty Quadrantids!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA