[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quads

Quadrantids very good from the time I got home at 1900 Z Friday (Jan 03)
until radiant got too low about 2400 Z.
This communications radio (144 MHz) - no attempt to monitor for rates, etc.
But lots of good stuff in central KY - better than I remember their being,
but haven't had the chance to operate during the Quads for the past few
years.
Lots of fellows making lots of contacts.  This may be partially due to
everyone's using high-speed MS methods almost exclusively now.
Sat morning, conditions a little better than usual daily rate, but peak
definitely passed.
Reports that I've seen from other stations are similar.  Will be
interesting to see when they actually peaked.
(Think I called them the Leonids in previous note.  Well, most know what I
mean.  When the gray matter is going, you're tired, and doing 3 things at
the same time, it all catches up with you).
Shelby, W8WN
Shelby Ennis, W8WN - EM77bq - KY
          w8wn@arrldot net
         w8wn@amsat.org