[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Meteor Detection S/W for Hauppauge Video Cards?

Hi
You wrote on Meteorobs:

> Has anyone written software stated in the title to this post?

I know that Marc Vornhusen (mark@vornhusendot de)
has written a meteor detection software called Sky Patrol for
"Video for Windows" compatible cards (should also work with the
Hauppauge cards).

OK, its not precisely like  "Metrec" , but it does basic meteor
detection. What I find is much more useful: It adds video images on
the brightest pixel. There is also a browser to rapidly screen the
images for detected meteors. I find this very useful.

Mark gave me a beta version of this, but asked me not to
distribute it further. But perhaps, if you ask him, he will
give you a copy, too.

Hope that helps

Hartwig

H. Luethen
h.luthen@botanik.uni-hamburgdot de
priv: Behnstr. 13, D-22767 Hamburg
lab: Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik, Ohnhorststr. 18
     D-22609 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: 0049 (0)40-3800551 priv
     0049 (0)40-428-16-337

Follow-Ups: References: