[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Matrox Meteor I card.

I wish I had a I or a II myself.  I've pretty much given up looking for one.  I'm not quite sure
what all the bells and whistles are in Metrec, but, because of the difficulty in getting a Matrox,
I'm thinking about writing some similar s/w myself for a more accessible board. It'll be awhile
though, since I'm not familiar with the h/w technology yet.

I did get a posting on this group (see Meteor Detection s/w...) from someone who gave me the e-mail
address of someone who wrote something that might be helpful. No reply yet. Also see my follow up
that mentions a URL <http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/low_light.html>   I found that it contains links
to s/w that might eventually be helpful.  There's some software tool called K3CCD
<http://www.pk3.host.sk/Astro/> that may be helpful in this regard, but I haven't checked it out. I
suspect it only applies to a QuickCam. Still, it might have some helpful clues for other video card
s/w development.

--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

          "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion."
                            -- Democritus of Abdera

                        Web Page: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>