[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Image-Intensified Meteor Video Options?

> Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:27:08 EST

Does anyone sell a complete image intensified meteor video system?

The components I envision would include a relatively fast
wide-angle standard SLR lens, a high-quality image intensifier such as
a 25mm Stano MCP second generation image intensifier, and a digital
camcorder, all mounted on a tripod-mountable platform with a closed
light-path from lens to camcorder.  I've looked around, but it looks
like you have to build your own system from scratch, and that requires
access to a machine shop and someone with machining skills (not me).

It seems to me that if someone built and sold such a system, many more
people would get involved with meteor videography.

David Oesper
Ames, Iowa  USA