[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Mintron 12V1 and Sony EX-view chip

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, H.Luethen wrote:

> My Mintron came in a white cardboard box which carries a label
> giving model, serial sumber, power requirements etc.
>
> The first line reads:
>
> "MODEL: 12V1C-EX"
> (with EX for EX-view)
>
> The same label is also glued to the housing of the camera itself.
>
> Below this label there is another one shining through the label
> reading:
>
> "12V1C
> EX"

Steve checked the camera this morning (the box had no label) and it read

M-126V-0002
MODEL: 12V1C
S/N: E37226122
W/O: E09069    CE
SYSTEM: CCIR
POWER: DC12V

Made in Taiwan
R.O.C.

So it looks like we've been sold a lemon, well a "Super HAD" anyway.
My order specifically asked for the "Mintron 12V1 with 1/2inch EXview
CCD", so the agent in Australia should be duty bound to replace it if
Mintron can supply one.

Steve has put a Mintron 12V1C meteor image from last night on his web site

http://hwy.com.au/~sjquirk/index2.html
under "astro/meteor images"

The apparent noise is very much reduced over the Watec-902H due to the
dramatically higher dynamic range of the Mintron 12V1C (it covers a much
larger range of brightnesses before the images gets too bright and
saturate).

Cheers, Rob