[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Aurora warning

Peter,

I believe there is a small chance of seeing auroras from the outskirts of
Dallas.  I know some of the larger displays are seen in Arizona.  You can
get some good information at www.spaceweather.com, which also has a link to
aurora forecasts from the University of Alaska.

Cheers,
Helen
from Ithaca, New York -- contender for cloudy sky capital of the eastern U.S.

At 08:48 AM 1/23/03 -0600, you wrote:
>         As one still ignorant of the whole aurora scene, is there  any
chance that someone in the middle latitudes (i.e. Dallas, TX) could expect
to see anything?   Cheers,   Peter