[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor of unknown origin

Hey everyone...

	Being only slightly above the novice level, I still struggle when I
occasionally try to find the radiants described in Robert Lunsford's
excellent weekly update.
	Was anybody in or near the Dallas, Texas area watching the sky about 8:45
(Central US) this evening?  I saw a nice meteor from inside the city,
heading northwest, approximately across beta and alpha Ursa Majoris (which
is low and rendered invisible by light pollution, making the sight all the
more impressive)... it was medium to fast, and the trail extended for maybe
ten degrees.  Did anyone see it, or even if not, can anybody tell me what
shower that might be from?

Clearer skies than mine,

Peter Brunone