[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fw: [RASCALS] Fw: (meteorobs) Orbital question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Fetter" <kfetter@YAHOO.COM>
To: <RASCALS@ap.stmarysdot ca>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [RASCALS] Fw: (meteorobs) Orbital question

> They don't have the fuel to do it. You have to change the inclination of
the orbit, and also the orbital height, and other values to match the orbit
of what you are going to. When the shuttle lauches to the iss, it lift's off
when the plane of the iss orbit passes the through the launch pad area. So
it's possible to fiqure out the approx time of lift off, even if nasa
doesn't lease that info, due to security requirements.
> The space shuttle was flying lower then the iss, and the iss is lower in
orbit then the hst.
> The hubble space telescope is listed as being in a 571 * 577 km orbit.
It's inclination is 28.5 degrees