[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Countdown to catastrophe

Maybe it's the closet numerologist in me, but did anybody else notice
Saturday's date? In ISO short form, it was 03-02-01, a number sequence which
most people would immediately associate with rocketry and space exploration.
Unfortunately, what ensued was the antithesis of "lift-off", as Columbia,
seven explorers, and little pieces of humanity's higher aspirations fell
from the sky.

Those aspirations must nonetheless endure, and the pursuit of science for
which these seven risked and ultimately lost their lives, must continue. To
do otherwise would be to dishonour their memory.

regards, Bruce