[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Countdown to catastrophe

> I don't believe this comment was about numerology. It's a well-written
> memorial to those who perished in the pursuit of science.

    Thanks to Dale, Michael, and J.A. for your comments. Certainly no
disrespect was intended. My relationship to numbers is at the core of who I
am; the reason that I (try to) leave numerology and astrology in the closet
is that I don't happen to "believe" in them. However, the irony embedded in
Saturday's date was too heavy to ignore without comment.

    My apologies to all if this thread is somewhat off-topic to the
wonderful list that is meteorobs; however, as in the dis-aster that was the
Mt. Stromlo fire, the Columbia cat-astro-phe has doubtless shaken all of us.
regards, Bruce