[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perspective

Michael;   If we did not spend one cent on space exploration those
millions in Africa would still be dying as well as all of the cancer
victims.  It is the hope that our space exploration will benefit all of
mankind including those starving millions in Africa and those that are
today dying of cancer.  Our manned space program has sucked up a lot of
the money that could have been better spent on unmanned space
exploration.  Robots could do a better job and do not require a life
support system.  Further when a robot crashes there are no destitute
family left behind.

Michael Linnolt wrote:

>While clearing my mailbox of this deluge of messages on the shuttle tragedy, it occured to me how little news is accorded to the 1000's of people who die of starvation in Africa and to the 500,000 or more who die of cancer in the US every year... Now where should we be spending the billions of dollars it will cost to figure out a more reliable spaceship?
>
>Mike Linnolt
>The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
>To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

Follow-Ups: References: