[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: Lightning as the initiator

There has been amateur video footage on CNN today, February 7,2003, showing upon re-entry over Nevada, a flash of light, that seemed to "glow" around the Shuttle Columbia, and then a piece of debris trailing behind it afterward. The position of the debris was clearly indicated on the video (encircled) and most likely will be played during the day.

As to whether this was initiated by a lightning strike, what factors are there to be considered here?  I would be interested to know, as this is a theory that I have also entertained from the beginning.

-Chris