[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Message from the 'meteorobs' List Administrator

Over the last week, it has been good for those of us who vol-
unteer our time to administer 'meteorobs', to know that this
mailing list served as a forum for people to air their horror,
sadness and - perhaps most appropriately of all - scientific
curiosity surrounding the Columbia disaster.

I would only ask that, now that many of us have had a chance
to discuss our views and present our questions, we have some
respect for the 'meteorobs' community as a whole - and in par-
ticular, that we REMEMBER WHAT OUR PURPOSE IS HERE... To wit:

We are a forum for individuals around the world, to discuss
their interest in and passion for *meteors*. Our readers in-
clude amateurs and professionals, those in remoter parts of
our globe, in large urban centers, and everywhere in between.

As the Administrator of this list, I must ask EVERYONE here
to be respectful of ALL your fellow meteor enthusiasts. Stay
on our mutually chosen topic, and address any concerns about
the list itself to your administrators - NOT the entire list.

To reach your team of list administators, please email:

    owner-meteorobs@atmob.org

I'll be posting a "List Netiquette" message in the next day
or so. I ask you all to read it and keep it in mind as you
continue to participate in our small but vibrant community.

And again, if you have questions, email the address above.

Clear skies to all our readers!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>