[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Casual backyard ACE'S

Hi all
Watched for ACE's from light polluted backyard in outer suburban Adelaide
(moved from previous darker Adelaide foothills address about 7 months ago :(
) LM in a 50 degree radius around Alpha Centauri 5 - 5.5, LM decreases
outside of this circle down to nearly nothing at all on northern horizon.

15:30 - 16:00 UT 7th Feb

ACE - 2 (a staggered double act heading north, short, swift, mag 3, short
lived trains)

16:50 - 17:50 UT 7th Feb

ACE - 1

No fireballs sighted.

Kearn Jones

34º 51' South  138º 41' East

P.S.  I would also like to thank Bob Lunsford for his weekly meteor activity
outlooks , ive enjoyed the HTML format as well. In addition It seems we are
not only fighting light pollution on this list, but also NOISE pollution,
hehe, (of which ive been as guilty of as much as anyone i suppose). What i
would like to know is, where is the guy who use to always say (and i quote)
 " 'ENUFF SAID " at these times, has he left the list?