[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor report Feb 08 - no ACE outburst

We had a very clear night forecast here on Oahu for the predicted possible Alpha Centaurids outburst, so I drove up to our dark sky site on the north shore to see if anything showed up. Unfortunately, no unusual activity was observed. I also looked out for the two IMO radiants near Bootes, but only one possible meteor lined up with both of these, so its hard to say if they just weren't random sporadic alignments. The only significantly active radiant was the Anthelions/VIR complex, with 4 members seen. Overall, a pretty slow hour of meteor observing...But not so surprising in absence of any outbursts this time of year.

REPORT FOLLOWS:
---------------
OBS: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
DATE: Feb 08, 2003
TIME: 1154 - 1256 UT (1:54am - 2:56am HST night of Feb 07/08)
LOC: Dillingham, Oahu, HI (21° 34' N, 158° 12m W)
ELEV: 5m
Conditions: Clear. Temp 66F. RH 90%. Winds Light.
METHOD: Paper

Observing Periods Summary:
==========================

# Period(UT) FOV   Teff   F  LM   DVE AHY ACE TCE OCE IM1 IM2 ANT SPO
  ---------- ---   ----   -  ---  --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
1 1154-1256 12h+00 1.00 1.00 6.2   0   1   1   0   1   1   1   4   7

ANT= VIR
IM1= IMO radiant 15:32 +30
IM2= IMO radiant 15:44 +13

Periods Detail: